Welcome to SCARC Field Day 2021!
Field Day 2021 is scheduled for Saturday & Sunday, June 26 & June 27.
We are pleased to be able to host an in-person Field Day this year, and will be holding the event in Roland at Erickson Park. An approximate address is 110 North Park Street, Roland IA 50236.
We will begin setup at 0700 on SAT 6/26.
While this year's Field Day will look a bit different due to pandemic mitigations, we expect to be able to offer two operating positions to accommodate CW, Digital, and Phone operations. Current plans are for 100% outside operation, and we will use the club call, W0YL, for a 2A station.
Advance signup for each operating position is REQUIRED at the following SignupGenius link: SCARC Field Day 2021 Online Signup. One suggestion is that individual operators who would like extended operating time please sign up for non-consecutive one hour blocks. This is to allow for operating time for everyone.
We will need a number of volunteers to assist with setup for Field Day starting at 0700 on 6/26, including help raising antennas, setting up alternate power arrangements, equipment networking, station setup, and testing.
In past years, our food plans have varied significantly. For 2021, here are the plans:
Drinks -- We ask all Field Day participants to plan on bringing their own drinks this year.
Food -- No group meals are formally planned for the event. Those who are present can decide on ordering take-out from a nearby source. One of those present can act as a runner to make the pickup and return with food. Many options for food or drinks exist, both at Casey's in Roland, and a couple of miles further away at the Story City Interstate 35 exit.
If we need to lock up the equipment the shelter can be secured, although all the outside equipment, tables, etc., will need to be physically moved inside.
SCARC will be following current CDC and IDPH recommendations and guidelines regarding social distancing and masking.
- The two operating positions will be spaced out.
- Anyone logging for the operator should space out by 6 feet.
- Club will provide masks and hand sanitizer and for any that want them.
- Operators should use sanitizing wipes on their operating (logging) position when their shift is over.
- We will work to ensure all operators feel safe
- All equipment needs are currently covered... thanks to all who volunteered!
- Individual to originate message to Section manager from FD site
- Individual to post to social media from FD site for100 bonus points
- Network guru to set up logging computers at site before start of FD
- Media press release - Ted (KC0URT)
- Equipment for 5 natural power QSOs - Paul (W0YR)
- Public information materials - Clint (K0GR)
- Invitations to public officials and agencies - Ted (KC0URT)
Please email any questions or offers for help to: N1XK [at] ARRL [dot] NET